Projects come in many shapes and sizes. No matter the scope of work involved, there are five important phases to follow:
- Project Concept and Initiation begins with meticulous research, to ensure feasibility and resources to complete the project. Identify key risks in the beginning to help prepare for the possibilities.
- Project Definition & Planning involves a written plan to ensure all parties involved are on the same page, and understands the necessary steps from beginning to completion. One of the most important steps to execute a successful project.
- Project Launch & Execution marks the beginning of the project where resources are allocated, teams are assigned, project management plans are in full effect.
- Project Performance & Control ensures the project KPI’s are on track to ensure a smooth completion. Successful project managers know how to well adapt and modify changes as they come, and remain positive and flexible through it all.
- Project Close is the final stage of the project’s life cycle. This is a time to evaluate, and to learn from the project. Final budget reports are prepared to ensure the project is completed.