Eckman Construction is seeking a Project Manager with five to ten years of experience in construction management, with a minimum of five years’ experience managing commercial construction projects. Experience as the lead project manager of a construction project is required. Preference will be given to candidates with a bachelor’s degree in a related field (Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture).
- The project manager will coordinate the interrelating activities of subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and customers, design and engineering efforts.
- Will monitor and report on the financial status of the project(s) and is responsible for subcontract and contract administration.
- Develop job progress schedule to ensure that actual construction parallels with the schedule.
- Purchase and monitor the delivery of all needed materials for the project(s) ensuring optimum prices, quality and conformance to specifications.
- Negotiate contracts with subcontractors and vendors for various trades, ensuring that all phases of the work are encompassed and that a clear definition of work responsibility is defined.
- Review and approve subcontractor and vendor payment requests.
- Issue changes in the work to receive prices from subcontractors in a timely fashion.
- Work with design and engineering managers to ensure project(s) is/are designed, procured and constructed within the boundaries of operating guidelines while conforming to technical requirements and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Prepare various reports to successfully manage the project(s), such as monthly red files, progress analysis/schedules, billings and status reports.
- Organize and maintain job files to ensure continuity of workflow.
- Submit verbal and written reports on project status to management.
- Review shop drawings and submittals to ensure compliance with the scope of work.
- May be responsible for estimating efforts relative to the project(s) and proposal preparation efforts.
- Responsible for the communication, implementation and enforcement of Eckman’s safety and quality programs on site.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the team member is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and arms, reach, and talk or hear. They are regularly required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs, and occasionally lift or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities include accurate near and distant vision. Frequently in a normal office environment where noise level is moderate and temperature/humidity is controlled.
- Must pass a drug screening
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have at least 5 experience as the lead project manager
- High school diploma or GED (College degree is a plus)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, and Procore
- Be able to read and understand blueprints and elevations
Benefits (available after 90 days of employment)
- 401K matching
Eckman Construction, LLC, has been in the tilt-up construction industry for 60+ years in Utah and neighboring states. Eckman Construction, LLC is an EOE.