Eckman Construction is seeking a Project Engineer to assist Project Managers and Superintendents with administrative and technical tasks as required by contract documents. In particular, we are looking for applicants who can create value by taking the initiative to execute assigned duties accurately and expediently.
- Facilitate and expedite project administrative and technical work through project submittal control and checking,
- Project document distribution and control
- Maintenance of change order request log (COR)
- Updating project schedules to include construction progress and procurement status of long-lead items
- Maintain historical set of drawings and specifications.
- Assist Project Manager with pricing of CORs, sub-trade bidding, bid evaluation, writing commitments to subcontractors, and cost report maintenance
- Assist project team with project quality control
- Assist Superintendent with field coordination and job site safety enforcement.
- Review drawings and specifications and create related RFIs.
- Review, maintain or create various schedules, budgets, and reports. Create and maintain various logs
- Assist Project Manager in the procurement of materials.
- Execute purchase orders, monitor deliveries, and execute receiving reports.
- Develop bid lists, issue documents for procurement purposes, review bids, and evaluate proposals as directed by the Project Manager.
- May be required to assist with general labor and clean up occasionally.
- Other duties may be assigned
Minimum Experience/ Qualifications
- Must pass a drug screening
- Must have reliable transportation
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Two years of construction experience with tilt-up construction preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, and Procore
- Be able to read and understand blueprints and elevations
- Spanish speaking is a plus
Benefits (available after 90 days of employment)
- 401K matching
Eckman Construction, LLC, has been in the tilt-up construction industry for 60+ years in Utah and neighboring states. Eckman Construction, LLC is an EOE.