Eckman Construction is seeking a Senior Estimator with five to ten years of experience.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism and ethical behavior when representing the company.
- Receive, review, schedule, and make assignments as needed for RFP’s and bid opportunities.
- Develop complete understanding of the project and proposal requirements to ensure fully responsive submissions.
- Review subcontractor bidders list to ensure adequate coverage, including that of any required minority or small business participation goals or requirements.
- Oversee project bidding by identifying and understanding project risks to ensure that proper risk mitigation is included in the estimating and subcontractor scoping process.
- Develop internal estimates as needed for comparison to subcontractor pricing.
- Organize, schedule, and lead bid week and bid day activities.
- Closeout bids or final pricing for submission.
- Work with operations to develop project staffing plans and assemble project general conditions estimates.
- Work with operations and scheduling to coordinate approach to the project to ensure that the estimate reflects sequencing and durations.
- Ensure effective turn-over of successful bids, including the contractual scope of work development, contract administration, cost coding and turnover to operations.
- Work with individuals in other departments (proposal preparation, safety, quality, operations, etc.) as part of developing a complete proposal submission.
- Work with owners, architects, consultants, and subcontractors during design, budgeting and estimating phases of negotiated and design-build projects.
- Develop conceptual/schematic estimates with live updates throughout the preconstruction phase.
- Oversee and lead preconstruction efforts on your projects including constructability reviews, value engineering exercises, meeting and working with design professionals, meeting and working with subcontractor partners.
- Maintain relationships with current subcontractor partners and seek new relationships with new subcontractors.
Minimum Experience/ Qualifications
- Must pass a drug screening
- Must have reliable transportation
- Be able to read and understand blueprints and elevations
- Highly organized with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or a related field preferred
- Experience in estimating tilt-wall construction is preferred
- 5+ years as an estimator required. 10+ years preferred
Benefits (available after 90 days of employment)
- 401K matching
Eckman Construction, LLC, has been in the tilt-up construction industry for 60+ years in Utah and neighboring states. Eckman Construction, LLC is an EOE.